USE-IT - New USE-IT
In 2014, the old Use-IT application was replaced by completely new application, integrated with the ISR system and using the same platform. In general it has the same functionality as the old one, but the data source about the train movements is RTIS (train database). The User Interface has new design. Less effort is needed on RU side - they do not send messages with real-time data to the system and also do not need to deliver train time tables anymore.
How it works:
- The real time data are received automatically from TIS. TIS is Train Information System (formerly Europtirails), operated by Rail Net Europe (RNE). RNE sends automatically train movement reports from TIS to RAILDATA over the Common Interface. These data originate from particular infrastructure managers (IMs).
- Train position data received from TIS are stored in RAILDATA's train database (RTIS). These data are matched with the pre-defined combined transport trains. Train positions can be viewed over the ral time Train Overview web forms and displays.
- A contract manager (railway undertaking responsible for a train) configures the train data with all its related information. These data are used for the access rules definition. At the same time he/she can also define the customers entitled to consult the train information.
- Railway undertaking users can see all relevant information for trains they are assigned to and they have the right to consult.
- Customers can gather information about the actual position and deviation from the schedule of his/her train(s) and to have a detailed view about the history of concerning trains.
- New USE-IT system can deliver information (outgoing) also via FTP or SMTP. Standard FTP is currently used with active file download from partner. Message format is specific XML based Use-IT message.
One screen example
of the web interface for display of train monitoring information: