ISR - Next steps
Some other railway undertakings intend to join the ISR system too:
- HZ Cargo (Croatia): connection is realised in the direction from ISR to HZ Cargo, sending of data in opposite direction is expected too.
- Several doughter companies of existing members will be connected to ISR too.
Companies with interest to join the ISR community may investigate possibilities of possible funding from the Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA).
Migration to latest WSM version
Some members use the old version 01 and 02, which are obsolete and no more maintianed since mid of 2016.
- Members using v.01 and 02 are asked to migrate to new(est) version asap, also due to unabilit of old versions to tranmit all needed data.
- The latest and most comprehensive WSM message version 5 is already realised in the central system.
- It allows to transmit correct country (2 digits) and company (4 digits) codes, as well all types of new events and information blocks (e.g. about wagon mileage and about estimated latest time of arrival from X-Rail).
- This version is used by about 35% members and is suggested for all newcomers to connect to ISR.
- Pending members of ISR are invited to migrate from older WSM versions to the latest version 5.
- It is expected to stop forwarding of oldest message versions latest by end of 2018.
Improvement of RTIS
The tool will be improved to provide better and more reliable information:
- Current algorhytm for linking between wagons and trains will be replaced with new, more reliable and comprehensive method. It will avoid any (seldom) wrong information about wagons, which were detached from train.
- Train running information processing will make better use of the list of carriers who transport a train.
New ISR web site
New ISR web site will replace the existing web page, used by some member companies (e.g. DBCDE, RENFE and SBB) as main search tool for customer information. Old web is also used by experts to check information in the ISR database. Besides new modern design and technology it will offer improved search functions as well as results display. Because the old ISR web site is used by several hundreds persons, there will be a process to inform and teach them in advance, through "master users" and supported by Raildata staff.
Evolution of the Wagon mileage (km caculation) function
- Ongoing maintenance of the central tool for calculation of estimated km done ("mileage") by wagons
- Small improvements, integration of new mileage data sources, update of the distance tables
- Starting of mileage delivery to additional ISR members
- Pilot with UIP's RSRD2 wagon keepers database (provision of km per wagon per day).
Extension of the Web Manual Input
New functions can be offered:
- Wagon and train movement events can be captured and forwarded