ISR - New functions
Import of Consignment Information :
- ISR receives a subset of the Consignment data sent by the member's railway undertakings to ORFEUS
- Data are used to enrich the movement information with the consignment data (transport description)
- Transport descriptions allow to match movement events belonging to one transport together.
- Another method for transport description delivery is the WSM message with type NoteCreated.
Queries and Transport Plans :
- Movement information, received from the members information system allows to build value added functionalities
- ISR production website (open for members only) enables for queries on wagons with many different query parameters (wagon numbers, consignment numbers, countries/stations of origin and destination, dates etc.).
- It is also possible to make query for train numbers (many wagon movement information include train number).
- After a transport has finished, a part of the transport description as well as the first and last event is used to create an Experienced Transport Plan (ETP).
- So for new transports running under the same conditions (same origin, destination, and departure weekday) the expected last event as well as any deviations can be displayed.
- ISR is also the main information source for the X-Rail application, which calculates ELTA's based on trip plans for specific relations.
- X-Rail can also send "Estimated Latest Time of arrival" to ISR to be forwarded to relevant railway undertakings.
Wagon Mileage Caculation :
- Mileage information is very useful for an efficient wagon and fleet management and maintenance,
- ISR calculates estimated distance ran by the wagon based on:
- Information provided by member, some RUs calculate distances themselves and send the result to ISR.
- Movement events (wagon has reached, left or passed a location, at time) and distance sources:
- Railway production distance tables, provided by members,
- Street model using Google Open Street Map,
- Consignment note information using the DIUM distance tables
- Distance is calculated for each movement (run from previous event) separately
- Always the best (most exact) calculation method available is used
- ISR uses and maintains set of reference table (production stations, DIUM stations, border crossing points, handover points etc.)
- ISR can send the calculation results to interested members for their wagons using the WSM message (version 5 is required).
- There is a pilot for the provision of km per wagon per day for the UIP's RSRD2 wagon keepers database.
- The calculation tool is improved step by step to provide results close to reality as much as possible.
Wagon monitoring during train run - RTIS
- Railway Undertakings (RUs) provide wagon movement events for ISR, but these events happen mostly in stations where the wagon start or terminate the transport or is taken- or handed-over from/to other partners.
- That means that after departure of a wagon in a long distance train there could be a long period without any information.
- To better the situation for wagon monitoring, RAILDATA has realised RTIS - Running Train Information System.
- RTIS provides an advanced wagon tracking based on the real time position and deviation from the timetable of the related border crossing trains while running.
- This feature has been realised thanks to a specific integration between the Train Information System (TIS) run by Rail Net Europe (RNE) and the tracking and consignment information provided by the participating RUs within RAILDATA systems.
- Besides improved wagon movement tracking, RTIS also provides train run information available on the ISR web site (user interface example see below).
- Between RNE and RAILDATA a TAF TSI compliant message is exchanged and routed via the CCG Common Interface.
- RAILDATA has gained a lot of experience being a test partner for this standard TAF TSI communication software and now offers to the RUs a conversion service to allow them immediately a data exchange on TAF TSI level.