RAILDATA is managed by the General Assembly in which all members are represented.
The actual management of the General Assembly:
- New Chairman of RAILDATA General Assembly is Mr Michael Pfitzner (DB Cargo). He was elected at the General assembly meeting on 30th May 2018.
- New Vice-Chairman of RAILDATA General Assembly is Mr Tommy Ransmark (Green Cargo). He was elected at the General assembly meeting on 30th May 2018.
RAILDATA services (development, maintenance and operation) are managed by Special Assemblies in which only participating members are represented. A Special Assembly is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a RAILDATA service. Special Assemblies are autonomous in the organisation of their activities.
Presently there are two Special Assemblies:
- ISR Special Assembly, chaired by Mr Petr Červinka
(ČD Cargo) - since June 2017.
- ORFEUS Special Assembly, chaired by Mr Lothar Schneeman (DBCDE) - since November 2012.
All the Assemblies chairmen and the Raildata vice-chairman are elected for a period of two years.
The Assemblies are supported by the Executive Committee (RDx). Composition of the Executive Committee is determined by the General Assembly. The Chairmen of the Assemblies are "qualitate qua" member of the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee ensures the coordination, coherence and rationalisation of the implementation and operation of RAILDATA services and applications.
Each assembly can establish an Experts Group. Expert groups are consulting the Special Assembly by approving the proposals of the User Support Centre concerning Change Requests. An expert group shall connect inputs and ensure coordination from a functional, technical and data quality view point among all users. If required, ad hoc Working Groups can be set up to deal with particular subjects.
Today there are three Experts Groups:
- ISR Experts Group for co-ordination of the ISR system, including Use IT and WMI functions.
- ORFEUS Experts Group for co-ordination of the ORFEUS system.
- TSI TAF Experts Group for TAF analysis and sector handbook specifications.
The day-by-day production of the applications is supported by the User Service Centre (USC) in Basel. USC takes part also in the evolution of the applications and practically manages new implementations.
Current User Service Centre team compounds from:
- Mr Oliver Kundt, who provides application support (mainly for ISR) - since October 2015.
- Mr Alexander Martinez, who provides application support (mainly for ISR) - since November 1995.
- Mr Ralf Gutbrod, who provides application support (mainly for ORFEUS) - since August 2011.
- Mrs Edith Waldvogel, who keeps the Raildata accounts - since November 1995.
- Mr Fabio Alfarano, who will support the team for WDI and other tasks - since August 2018.
Development, operation and maintenance of national components of RAILDATA information systems are the responsibility of participating members.