RAILDATA is an international organisation of European cargo Railway Undertakings. It is established as a special group of the International Union of Railways (UIC).
The main purpose of RAILDATA is to design, develop and run IT services to support the European freight railway business of its members.
Currently, seven applications are in production:
- ORFEUS (Open Rail Freight EDI User System) - consignment/wagon CIM/CUV note data exchange
- ISR (International Service Reliability) - wagon movement and status reporting
- Use IT (Uniform System for European Intermodal Tracking ) - intermodal trains status reporting
- WDI (Web Data Interface) - web form for capture and presentation of train consist data and of wagon movement
- RTIS (Running Train Information System) - processing of train running movement information
- CoReDa (Commercial Responsibility Database) - wagon database with current responsible keeper
- ATTI (Agreement on Technical Transfer Inspection for wagon exchanges) - quality management system database
- Applications RTIS, Use IT and WDI are integrated with the ISR application.
- CoReDa and ATTI are developed and run for the UIC Wagon User Group
- Production of the former HIPPS F1.1 application (theoretical freight wagon trip plan) was terminated on 1st January 2002.