RAILDATA is an international organisation of European cargo Railway Undertakings. It is established as a special group of the International Union of Railways (UIC).
The main purpose of RAILDATA is to design, develop and run IT services to support the European freight railway business of its members.
Currently, five main applications are in production:
- ORFEUS (Open Rail Freight EDI User System) - consignment note CIM data exchange
- ISR (International Service Reliability) - wagon movement and status reporting
- Use IT (Uniform System for European Intermodal Tracking and Tracing) - intermodal trains status reporting
- WDI (Web Data Interface) - web form for capture and presentation of train consist data and of wagon movement
- CoReDa (Commercial Responsibility Database) - wagon database with current responsible keeper
Applications Use IT and WMI are integrated with the ISR application.
Production of the former HIPPS F1.1 application (theoretical freight wagon trip plan) was terminated on 1st January 2002.